Join me on a street photography walk around old Ahmedabad. We explore markets, religious places, and some famous pols as we engage in meaningful conversation about photography.
15% off for students. Use coupon: IAMASTUDENT. A student ID verification is required to be eligible.
If you are starting out in street photography, are an enthusiast or admirer, and you want to build confidence, want to learn how to portray the world the way you see it, this walk is for you. At the end of the walk, you will gain confidence, start building your perspective, and learn to depict the life around you.
The photowalk starts with a cup of tea as we discuss the agenda for the walk. Then we begin the walk, discuss along the way, stop at various places, and of course, photograph. The end of session involves discussion and feedback of each other’s work.
So pull out your camera, charge those batteries (or load a film roll in that analogue camera), put on your best shoes and come join a group of energetic people eager to learn and share their love for street photography.
What to bring:
- A keen desire to learn
- Camera and lens of your choice. A wide angle lens like 23mm, 27mm or 35mm recommended
- Extra batteries and SD cards
- Some sense of humour, plenty of patience
- Bottle of water
- Comfortable shoes and clothes
What you will learn:
- We focus on learning on-the-go, not theory
- Building your perspective, framing your perspective
- The art of patience and observation
- How to see, what to see
- Ethics when it comes to portraying strangers
- How to face challenges, how to overcome hesitation or anxiousness
- How to talk to people in the street/Asking permission from strangers
- How to utilise your equipment the best you can
What you won’t learn/What we won’t discuss:
- Photography history and basics
- How to operate your equipment
- Which camera brand is best etc. No gear talk
- Post processing
- Social media
- How to make money
Tips for participants:
- Carry one body one lens, stay light
- Read about one street photographer whose work you like before attending the walk
- Come with a beginner’s mindset, even if you are experienced. Be open to new ideas, gather knowledge
- Know your equipment
- Be prepared for challenges, missed opportunities and the regret that follows, and the test of your comfort zone
What is not included in the fees:
- Your travel-related expenses, parking fees etc.
- Your meals
- Any other personal expense
English, Hindi, Gujarati
Start time: 07:00 a.m. IST
End time: 11:30 a.m. IST
Venue: Lucky Tea Stall, Mirzapur Road, Ahmedabad