Hey there! Travelers, especially first timers are usually confused about applying visa for a foreign country. Visa rules and regulations differ from country to country – making things even more confusing.
Sometimes travelers end up paying a good chunk of money to travel agents than they should be paying. In this step by step guide today, I will show you how to apply for UAE tourist visa from India – which is a fairly easy task.
Apply for UAE tourist Visa from India: Checklist
Before applying for UAE tourist visa from India, make sure you have following things ready. This will make your process a lot smoother and less confusing.
- Valid Indian passport with remaining validity of at least 6 months at the time of travel and 2 blank leaves. Passport must be machine-readable. Handwritten passports are not accepted.
- Color copies of first and last pages of your passport.
- Fresh passport size photographs with white background, matte finish.
- Last two years’ Income Tax returns or form 16 showing minimum gross income from business, profession or employment exceeding INR 2 lac.
- If you have traveled to or hold a valid visa for countries like Australia, Canada, European Union, Japan, New Zealand, Schengen countries, Switzerland, Russia, UAE, UK or USA, then you fall under ‘Travel Record’ category.
In this case, you need a valid proof of travel/visa for any of the above mentioned countries.
- Confirmed return ticket to UAE (read more below).
- A sponsor who can sponsor your visit to UAE (read more below).
- Duly filled and signed Visa application form (read more below).
Total investments of INR 5 lac or above, in form of fixed deposits in banks or post office.
Investments in co-operative banks or societies are not acceptable.
Investments need to be done a year prior from the date of application and should carry a validity of more than 12 months.
Apply for UAE Tourist Visa from India: Process
UAE issues e-visa for Indian visitors. In order to apply for UAE visa, you need someone from UAE to sponsor you. A registered hotel or tour operator can sponsor you and you will need to present this sponsorship while applying for a visa.
In case of UAE visa, I always recommend applying for a visa through Emirates Airline. Why? Because they are authorized to sponsor visitors to UAE -provided that they travel and return via Emirates Airline. This takes all the hassles (like finding a sponsor) away in applying for a visa.
Applying via Emirates is the quickest and easiest way to receive UAE visa in India. With Emirates Airline’s strong network of flights from India to UAE -especially Dubai, I don’t think there’s a problem in flying with Emirates.
Step 1: Buying Tickets from Emirates Airline
The first step is to buy your tickets via Emirates Airline. Before doing so, you need to be sure of your travel plan.
Decide when you wish to travel to UAE and when you will be returning. Keep your travel dates flexible to benefit from lower ticket prices on certain dates.
After you have decided your dates, it’s time to visit Emirates Airline’s website and search for available flights. Enter details like departure and arrival airport, departure, and return date, select my dates are flexible and search for flights.
Choose departure and arrival flights most suitable to you and buy tickets. Once you make payment and receive confirmation, you’re ready to apply for UAE visa from India.
Make note of the booking reference number as shown on screen or as it appears in the confirmation email sent to you and proceed to next step.
Step 2: Applying for UAE Visa
Once your tickets are booked with Emirates, you can apply for UAE visa. There are two ways to do so. You can either apply for visa directly from Emirates website, or visit the Dubai Visa Application Centre (VFS centre) near you.
Step 2, Option A: Apply Through Emirates Website
On Emirates website, go to Manage > Manage your booking. Enter your last name and booking reference number and your booking will appear on screen.
Now go to Additional Services and click Apply for a UAE visa.
This is where you need to carefully enter every information asked. Follow each step of the application and make the online payment for visa application.
Tip: Pay extra attention while entering details like your name. Any incorrect information may lead to a mismatch on your visa and passport. Even worse, your application could be rejected as well.
Once your payment is made and application is submitted, you should receive an email confirming the same. It should take about 4 to 5 days to receive an e-visa -which will be sent to you on your email address.
Step 2, Option B: Apply Through VFS in Your City
You can also apply for a UAE visa by personally visiting nearest VFS visa application center in your city. Follow the steps below in order to apply for UAE visa through VFS center.
- Download visa application form to your computer.
- Take and print of the form and carefully fill it using capital letters. Sign where required.
- Prepare a document set as mentioned in the Checklist above.
- Visit the nearest VFS centre. A list of VFS visa application centers is available here.
- Submit your application and make payment for the same. Remember to collect the payment receipt after your submission.
After submitting your application, it may take around four days to receive an e-visa – which will be sent to you on your email.
Already Have a Ticket from Other Airline?
If you have already booked a ticket from an airline other than Emirates, don’t worry. You can still apply for a UAE visa from India.
If you have confirmed tickets of Etihad Airways, visit www.ttsuaevisas.com to apply for UAE visa and more information.
If you have tickets from any other airline, you can contact a hotel or tour operator in UAE to sponsor your visit.
A relative or friend who holds UAE citizenship can also sponsor your visit.
Apply for UAE Tourist Visa from India: Summing Up
Applying for a UAE visa is a straightforward process. All you need to do is to prepare your documents and apply. Things are easier when you book your return ticket via Emirates Airline – who can sponsor your trip to UAE.
Tip: Looking for hotels in Dubai? Checkout hundreds of properties and book your stay at the best price!